Friday, February 17, 2012

Unforgiving or Too Forgiving: Reaction to reactions of Chris Brown’s Grammy Performance


We all know the expression “beating a dead horse”, well I think when it comes to Chris Brown and his drama with Rihanna, that dead horse has been beaten to the ground. After Chris Brown allegedly assaulted Rihanna in 2009, his career took a fast deep plummet. Now, almost 4 years later, Chris Brown seems to be starting to come back on the music scene with a vengeance. Brown recently performed at the 54th Annual Grammys where he also accepted a Grammy for ‘Best R&B album’ for his latest album “F.A.M.E”. The reactions from his performance were, to say the least, disturbing, on two opposite extremes of the spectrum. A list on buzzfeed.com showed the 25 most upsetting reactions to Chris Brown’s performance from fans. Some of the bizarre reactions included: “Call me crazy buttttttttt I would let Chris Brown beat me up anyyyy day”, “Not gonna lie.. I think I’d let Chris Brown beat me #sosexy #lovehim #akwardtweet #dontevencare “, “I’d let Chris Brown beat me up anytime ;) #womanbeater”, and “Chris Brown.. Please beat me ;)”. Some celebrities also took to twitter to share their not-so-appreciative reactions. Miranda Lambert, country singer, tweeted multiple times about her feelings of Chris Brown, “How dang long did they give Nicki Minaj to do whatever that was? Strange. And Chris Brown twice? I don’t get it. He beat on a girl…”, “Not cool that we act like that didn’t happen. He needs to listen to Gunpowder and lead and be put back in his place. Not at the Grammys.” Lambert tweeted. Reality star Jack Osbourne also tweeted, “Chris Brown . . . people don’t forget! #chrisbrownbeatswomen”. Whoa people, what’s going on here?  It seems to me that people can’t seem to find a happy medium. No, girls should not be begging for a man to beat them, but people should also not still be condemning him for what he admitted was a mistake and what he paid the consequences for.  Both types of people represent a horrible trait in society. I personally commend Chris Brown for being able to make a comeback and regain the respect of many people. I've been a big Chris Brown fan before AND after the incident, I didn't stop listening to his music because we're all human, and human's make mistakes. So i'm not going to be the one casting the first stone at him. And just because I feel that way doesn't mean I accept or approve of what he did. Yes, beating women is wrong no matter what they did, nothing is going to change my mind about that. But I think people people are too high up on their horses to realize that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so all the hate can stop. I mean seriously, how is wishing someone to die (Yeah I mean you all you #RIPChrisBrown tweeters), any better than what he did? I really think people should stop giving him such a hard time, all he wants is to move past the incident and move on with his life.  So tell me America: are we decent beings enough to let him do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment